This is overwhelming! Within the span of last twenty days, both my blogs (The Reflections and Fascinating World) received two award nominations each. I am truly thankful for the recognition given to my blogs. And my apologies to Susmita Mukherjee and Jyotirmoy Sarkar for the delay in writing the post.
The Versatile Blogger Award
This is the first time my this particular blog (The Reflections) has received an award nomination.An award in itself is a great honour and for any writer/blogger to be called ‘versatile’, is even more so. Therefore I am truly thankful to Susmita Mukherjee at Uniquesus for nominating me for this award. I regularly follow Susmita’s writings; her short stories are very interestingly woven and her poems are deeply meaningful. Please do visit her beautiful blog at https://susmitamukherjee.wordpress.com/
- You have to thank the person who nominated you for this award and provide a link to their blog.
- Nominate at least 15 bloggers of your choice
- Link the nominees and inform them about their nomination.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
Seven Random Facts About Me:
- I love nature; all its flora and fauna – especially fauna, the entire Animal Kingdom.
- I enjoy traveling and visiting new places; but more than visiting the tourist spots I prefer walking along the common places and meeting common people and get a feel of the place.
- I like all types of creative arts and like to try my hand at something new.
- Among the performing arts, Indian classical dance – especially Bharatnatyam, is my favourite.
- I enjoy music — each and every type, be it instrumental, vocal, folk, classical, old songs, film songs, Western music — just about everything.
- I am a true foodie. but more than any gourmet cuisine, I enjoy simple things more.
- Born, brought up and spent my entire life in Mumbai and I am proud of my Mumbai and its culture.
My Nominations are:
- one life is not enough
- Eternal Optimist
- A Wolverine’s World
- Wanderlust plus one
- Voice of a thoughtful mind
- Words that need a home
- Ek raasta hai jindagi
- Indian vagabond
- Tes at home
Bloggers Recognition Award
I am so thankful that my this blog (The Reflections) is nominated for another award as well, the Bloggers Recognition Award. Jyotirmoy Sarkar of The Wolverine’s World has nominated my blog for Bloggers Recognition Award! I truly appreciate it and I wish to earnestly thank Mr. Jyotirmoy Sarkar for bestowing this honour upon me.
Jyotirmoy Sarkar is a prolific writer/blogger. He pens really sensitive Shayari or poems.His series ‘Tadap’ reflects some truly soulful thoughts. He also posts unique photographs and write-ups about contemporary topics. Do visit his blog at The Wolverine’s World.
The rules for accepting this award are as follows.
- Give thanks to the person who had nominated you and a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Briefly tell how you started blogging.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award.
- Comment on the nominated blogs and let them know you have nominated them and give a link to the post you have created.
The Beginning of my Blog-Writing:
I always loved writing. This Award picture reminds me of the typewriter that I used years ago to type my stories. I began blogging (The Reflections) in an attempt to reach out and interact with many like-minded people. Here I write down my thoughts, my take on various things (or happenings) around us. I am not a photographer (not even an amateur one), but I like clicking pictures and publish some of the snaps here.
Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers:
I do not consider myself an expert who can give advice; so here are my two suggestions:
- Always be true to your craft. If you pour your heart in your writing, the readers would automatically identify with your words.
- Never stop being a student in this Blogosphere. The sky is the limit. Here there are so many genres and innumerable bloggers, each has something special to offer. So read and learn as much as you can from each one.
I nominate the following bloggers for the Award:
- Eternal optimist
- Consumed by wanderlust
- Words that need a home
- World of Fantasies
- Abhi Raj
- Faisal Khan
- Mann ki baat
- Tes at home
- Random Access Memories
- the Eternal Tryst